Floor coverings in contemporary design are represented by many different substances, many of which resemble natural wood in their characteristics. The top position among this chic variety is taken by tiles imitating laminate. It is manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. As a result of abundant choice of textures and colors, such floors appear magnificent and stylish, and fit with any style of room layout.
Benefits and disadvantages
The massive demand for flooring tiles beneath laminate is explained not just with their own presentable appearance, but also by a range of benefits. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from traditional ceramics and natural solid wood, therefore it's often used as the primary element for decorating flooring.
One of the positive properties of this material can be distinguished:
- Reliability in performance. The coating does not wear off and does not lose its attractiveness even after 50 years;
- safety in program. The boards are resistant to high temperature changes, they do not catch fire;
- neutrality to chemical influences. The material is impermeable to water, therefore it's not a favorable spot for the formation of fungus and mold;
- excellent thermal insulation. Such coatings are suitable for the machine"warm floor", as they contain clay, which at elevated temperature Can conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles are not poor to floors made of pure wood or stone.
No matter how perfect this material is, it isn't devoid of disadvantages.
The primary disadvantages of artificial laminate can include:
- The large cost. The product, that can last more than a dozen decades is pricey, but in https://1popechi.ru/ performance, these costs are certain to pay off;
- low rates of noise insulation.
To date, tile under the laminate is produced of 2 types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The first version of the coating is obtained from the technology of monocottura.
This sort of product is characterized by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
In addition, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its external coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
As for porcelain stoneware, it is made from special types of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. The end result is a durable and beautiful finishing material.
The 2 types of boards exactly replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but sometimes square ones are readily available.